[comp.dcom.modems] looking for modem technology text

kallaus@leadsv.UUCP (Jerry Kallaus) (12/06/89)

[]

I am looking for a text which provides a technical description
of how communication modems perform 1) signal synchronization,
2) carrier tracking, and 3) equalization.

Would someone please recommend something covering these topics?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jerry Kallaus         {pyramid.arpa,ucbvax!sun!suncal}leadsv!kallaus
     "Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get

gd@milkfs.itstd.sri.com (Greg DesBrisay) (12/07/89)

Pages 430-471 of "Digital Communications" by Bernard Sklar (ISBN
0-13-211939-0, published in 1988) contain a good section on carrier,
symbol, frame synchronization.

Greg