[comp.dcom.modems] CCITT

doug@herbert.uucp (Doug Phillipson 5-0134) (01/10/90)

	Can someone give me a address or preferably a phone number
to contact the CCITT to get some modem standards. Or if anyone has
some text on the "V." series of standards please email it to me.
Any text will do I'm desperate!!!

Douglas Phillipson

jacc@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Jac Colby) (01/11/90)

In article <1990Jan9.194340.11188@herbert.uucp> doug@jimi.cs.unlv.edu (Doug Phillipson 5-0134) writes:

>	Can someone give me a address or preferably a phone number
>to contact the CCITT to get some modem standards. Or if anyone has
>some text on the "V." series of standards please email it to me.
>Any text will do I'm desperate!!!
>
>Douglas Phillipson

I have found Omnicom to be a good source for standards (1-800-666-4266).
They sell them for about the same price as ANSI, CCITT, ISO, IEEE etc.,
but they will ship FedEx.  They also have some of the interim working-
document standards.  You can can use visa/mc, send them a check, or fax
them a Purchase Order (PO's for S&P listed companies - talk to them first).

Omnicom has an office in New York and London.

I have no connection with Omnicom other than as a customer.

Jac Colby      tektronix.tekig5.pen.tek.com!jacc
Tektronix Inc  {ucbvax,decvax,pur-ee,cbosg,ihnss,hplabs}
PO Box 500  MS 47-622    Home: 5529 SW Patton Rd
Beaverton, OR, USA 97077       Portland, OR, USA 97221
(503) 627-4534                 (503) 292-1609

olapw@olgb1.oliv.co.uk (Tony Walton) (01/13/90)

Doug, please email me with an address I can reach you on - my return
mail to you was bounced with a "user unknown".

My apologies to others on this group, but I *can't* email him!

--
Tony Walton, OEM/VAR Division, British Olivetti Ltd., 154-160 Upper Richmond Rd,
LONDON, SW15 2FN.  Tel: (+44) 1 789 6699 Telefax: (+44) 1 785 6670 Telex:27258