[comp.dcom.modems] GVC 2400 MNP Class5

ncpmont@amdcad.AMD.COM (Mark Montgomery) (02/01/90)

In article <25C6966A.18620@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca> cs3ca3ay@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Xenidis      J) writes:

>hello my name is Jimi X,
>I have purchased a GVC 2400 baud modem during the christmas season
>I have just recently hooked it up to my apple 2+ and have it working, but
>every once in a while i get this humongous load of garbage on my screen
>following som queries people have been telling me alot about how bad
>GVC modems are and was wondering if anyone else has any other info on
>the reputation of this company and/or modem...
>				Jimi X...

Like, uh, Jimi X...  ??

There's nobody in the whole world named Jimi X... .

Did you escape from the Byte Bandits ?

Like uh, what's G V C stand for  ?

Their reputation is intact with me, I've never heard of them!!

cs3ca3ay@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Xenidis J) (02/06/90)

In article <29018@amdcad.AMD.COM> ncpmont@amdcad.UUCP (Mark Montgomery) writes:
>In article <25C6966A.18620@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca> cs3ca3ay@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Xenidis      J) writes:
>>

>>hello my name is Jimi X,
>>I have purchased a GVC 2400 baud modem during the christmas season
>>I have just recently hooked it up to my apple 2+ and have it working, but
>>every once in a while i get this humongous load of garbage on my screen
>>following som queries people have been telling me alot about how bad
>>GVC modems are and was wondering if anyone else has any other info on
>>the reputation of this company and/or modem...
>>				Jimi X...
>
>Like, uh, Jimi X...  ??
>
>There's nobody in the whole world named Jimi X... .
>
>Did you escape from the Byte Bandits ?
>
>Like uh, what's G V C stand for  ?
>
>Their reputation is intact with me, I've never heard of them!!

	well EXCUSE ME #$%^&* for brains the name is really Jimi Xenidis or
X which is easier to read and say.

	Is stuff like this likly to happen on this group....

	P.S. I still need to know of any info on the modem....

				Jimi X