[comp.dcom.modems] Hayes Developer Conference

sl@van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) (02/09/90)

I just received a copy of this from Hayes and thought it might be of
general interest.

---------------

TO:             Commercial Software Developers
                Corporate Software Developers
                Vertical Market Applications Developers
                Product Managers, Technical Managers, Systems Analysts,
                & Engineers Who Develop Applications Software

FROM:           Kathy Hamdy-Swink
                Marketing Support Coordinator
                Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

SUBJECT:        Hayes Applications Developers' Conference
                March 27-29, 1990

Hayes has recently formalized a new Developer Support Program that will
provide developers with valuable assistance in creating applications for new
Hayes technology, such as the Hayes Standard AT Command Set Enhanced for ISDN
and the Enhanced Serial Interface (ESI).

As a part of this program, Hayes will be sponsoring a Developers' Conference
in Atlanta for commercial and corporate software developers, vertical market
applications developers, and product managers, technical managers, systems
analysts and engineers who develop applications software.  The event will
provide the opportunity for developers to explore and evaluate the computer
communications potential that exists in the broad spectrum of Hayes interface
technologies.

Attached is information about the conference, including the dates, time,
location and registration procedure.  If you would like to attend, please mail
a hard copy of the following registration to the designated address, or, feel
free to contact me with any questions you might have.

We sincerely hope you will plan to join us for this informative, annual event.

                                  ----------

               1990 Hayes Applications Developers' Conference

                              March 27-29, 1990

An in-depth conference on Hayes technologies and the potential for developing
innovative applications software in the next decade and beyond.

Join the industry's leading experts on personal computer communications
technology!

Conference Objective

Mention the word "Hayes" to developers and their thoughts are most likely to
turn to the Hayes Standard AT Command Set.  While this technology has provided
the foundation for several generations of communications software, the Hayes
interface environment encompasses a variety of innovative technologies that
offer expanded opportunities for applications development.

The Hayes Applications Developers' Conference explores the computer
communications potential that exists in the broad spectrum of Hayes interface
technologies and provides developers the basis for evaluating those
technologies.

The conference will address topics that include:

        - Hayes Standard AT Command Set - Control of basic and advanced modem
          feature sets

        - Extended Hayes Standard AT Command Set -  Control of X.32 (Dial
          X.25) and FAX; enhanced for ISDN Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)

        - AutoStream - Multi-session serial interface protocol

        - AutoSync - Synchronous protocol for implementing typical
          communications card-type serial IO (UARTS)

        - ESI - Enhanced Serial Interface and OS/2 drivers for very high speed
          serial ports

        - FAX - Application Programming Interface for JT Fax*

        - ISDN AT Command Set - Voice and multi-channel control for ISDN CPE

        - ISDNBIOS - MS-DOS Application Programming Interface for ISDN CPE

Special conference features include:

        - Implementation focus sessions designed to provide a forum for
          developers to "ask the experts" for in-depth assistance on design
          issues

        - Update briefing on the latest standards activity

Who Should Attend?

This conference is designed for:

        - Commercial software developers

        - Corporate software developers

        - Vertical market applications developers

        - Product managers, technical managers, systems analysts, or engineers
           who develop applications software

Conference Overview

        - Interface overviews and definitions:
                - Modems
                - FAX
                - ISDN CPE

        - Presentations on interface specifications

        - Implementation focus sessions

        - Developer Support programs

        - Introduction of Hayes Marketing Support programs to assist developers

Conference Agenda

DAY ONE/March 27                DAY TWO/March 28        DAY THREE/March 29

  Breakfast &                     Breakfast               Breakfast
  Registration                    (8:00 AM)               (8:00 AM)
(7:30 - 8:30 AM)

  Opening                         Developer               Marketing
  Remarks                         Support                 Support

  Interface                       Standards Review &      Hayes
  Overview -                      Update                  ISDN System
  Modems/FAX                                              Strategy

  Break                           Break                   Break

  AT Commands &                   AutoSync or FAX*        Hayes
  Extensions -                                            ISDNBIOS
  -Advanced Features                                      Interface

  Lunch                           Lunch                   Lunch/Industry
                                                          Panel on ISDN
                                                          Applications

  AT Commands &                   ESI/ESP                 Implementation
  Extensions -                                            Focus Sessions*
  - FAX Control                                           - Modem AT
  - ISDN Enhancements                                     - AutoSync
                                                          - ISDN AT

  Break                           Break                   Break

  AutoStream -                    Multi-Tasking           Implementation
  Modems &                        Communications          Focus Sessions*
  Terminal Adapters               In Advanced Systems     - FAX
                                                          - AutoStream

  Tour of Developers'             Dinner -                - ISDNBIOS
  Lab & Demonstrations            Remarks by
                                  Dennis Hayes           * Attendee selects
  Reception at Hayes              (7:00 - 8:30 PM)       session
  (7:00 - 8:30 PM)

Conference Information

Conference Location - Doubletree Hotel, Seven Concourse Parkway, Atlanta,
Georgia 30328; Phone: 404/395-3900; FAX: 404/395-3935.

Conference Fees - Conference fee is US$295 per person.  Includes attendance to
all scheduled presentations, conference  workshops, conference materials, and
breakfast, lunch and Tuesday reception and Wednesday dinner during the
conference.

Conference Registration - Conference attendance is limited, so early
registration is encouraged.  Registration deadline is March 12, 1990.  To
register for the conference you may: (1) Contact Pat Cook, Conference
Coordinator at 404/449-8791 or (2) mail or FAX the attached registration form
to Hayes, Applications Developers' Conference Coordinator, P.O. Box 105203,
Atlanta, Georgia 30348,  FAX: 404/449-0087.  In the event of cancellation of
the conference for any reason, Hayes liability is limited to the return of
conference fee.

Conference Cancellation - Registration may be cancelled in writing without
penalty up to 15 days before the start of the conference (March 12).
Cancellations after that date will be subject to a US$100 cancellation fee.
No-shows will forfeit the full conference fee.  Substitutions may be made
without charge   prior to the start of the conference.

Conference Payment - Conference fee may be paid by company check, money order,
or credit card (MasterCard, VISA, or American Express) prior to the conference.

Make checks payable to Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.  If you use your
credit card, please provide all of the information requested on the conference
registration form.

Hotel Reservations -   Special pricing has been obtained on a block of rooms
for the conference.  To get this rate you MUST mention the Hayes conference
when you call the hotel for reservations or you may use the enclosed
reservation card. You must make hotel reservations not later than March 12
to guarantee accommodations in the conference hotel.  Following that date, we
cannot guarantee that a room will be available at the conference hotel.

         (A registration form must be submitted for each attendee.)

        Hayes Applications Developers' Conference March 27-29, 1990
                           Registration Form

[ ] This confirms a registration made by phone

Name:______________________________________  Title:____________________________

Company:_______________________________________________________________________

Address:_______________________________________________________________________

City:_______________________________  State: _______________  Zip:_____________

Phone:__________________________ FAX:___________________ E/Mail:_______________

Please check one:       [ ] Commercial software developer
                        [ ] Corporate software developer
                        [ ] Vertical market applications developer
                        [ ] Other

Applications/environment interests, check all that apply:

[ ] IBM PC or compatible        [ ] Macintosh           [ ] Mini-computer
[ ] DOS                         [ ] NeXT                [ ] Mainframe
[ ] OS/2                        [ ] Apollo              [ ] X.25
[ ] UNIX                        [ ] Sun                 [ ] WAN
[ ] Synchronous communications  [ ] LAN                 [ ] Other

I am especially interested in these conference topics:

[ ] Hayes Standard AT Command Set               [ ] ESI/ESP
[ ] Command Set extensions                      [ ] FAX
[ ] AutoStream                                  [ ] ISDNBIOS
[ ] AutoSync                                    [ ] Synchronous

[ ] Company check or money order attached for conference registration fee
(US$295) (One company check may be used to pay the registration fees for
multiple attendees).

[ ] Charge my conference registration fee (US$295) to:

[ ] VISA                [ ] MasterCard          [ ] American Express

No:_____________________________________  Exp. Date:______________________

Name:___________________________________  Signature:______________________

Mail this form with payment to: Hayes, Applications Developers' Conference
Coordinator, P.O. Box 105203, Atlanta, GA 30348.  Registrants using credit
cards may call Pat Cook at 404/449-8791 or FAX a copy of this form to
404/449-0087.

--
Stuart.Lynne@wimsey.bc.ca ubc-cs!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice) 604-939-4768(fax)

bei@puzzle.UUCP (Bob.Izenberg) (02/11/90)

In article <188@van-bc.UUCP> sl@van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) writes:

>I just received a copy of this from Hayes and thought it might be of
>general interest.
> [ specifics of the Hayes Application Developers' conference skipped ]
>
>An in-depth conference on Hayes technologies and the potential for developing
>innovative applications software in the next decade and beyond.
> [ yakkety yak yak ]
>The Hayes Applications Developers' Conference explores the computer
>communications potential that exists in the broad spectrum of Hayes interface
>technologies and provides developers the basis for evaluating those
>technologies.

Thanks for posting this, Stuart.  If I could tell the Hayes people anything
about this announcement, though, it would be that I've never paid $295 to watch
three days of commercials.  If people say so, I'll believe that someone could
get some benefit for them or an employer by attending, however.
Would someone who's going to go tell whether it was more than a break away from
the office (when it's over, of course?)

>FROM:           Kathy Hamdy-Swink
>                Marketing Support Coordinator

                 (uh-oh, there's that four letter word again)

>                Hayes Microcomputer Products, Inc.

-- Bob
             Bob Izenberg [ ] attctc,rpp386,cs.utexas.edu!puzzle!bei