[comp.dcom.modems] not: Where can I buy Telebit

eli@spdcc.COM (Steve Elias) (02/22/90)

i find it ironic that a 3com employee would slam one company and
recommend another, as Norman does below.  i made a similar recommendation
regarding 3com ethernet cards and those of its competitors, and
was promptly threatened with legal action by one of 3com's whining
marketing twits who reads the net.  my recommendation may have been
a bit cruder than Norman's, and was less detailed.  oh well...

 ngg@bridge2.ESD.3Com.COM (Norman Goodger) writes:

> 1. There is no such thing as a cheap Telebit.
> 2. The USR Courier HST 14.4 modem is faster than a Telebit.
> [ ..... ]
> Bottom line...if you want speed, get an HST...

bottom line???  i'd tell you, but 3com might threaten legal action!

--
/* eli@spdcc.com ; 617-932-5598 */
/* Plan B from Outer Space      */