[comp.dcom.modems] Now here's an idea...

schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeffrey M. Schweiger) (04/11/90)

In article <1534@polari.UUCP> tronix@.UUCP (David Daniel) writes:
>I ran across this someplace and it struck me as rather novel. Has anyone seen
>this before?

>       Dear Friend,
>
>            My name is Dave Rhodes.  In September 1988 my car was

[rest of illegal chain letter deleted]

This is an illegal chain letter, that has been around USENET several times.
On at least a few recent occasions, posting it may have cost the poster his
net access.  Chain letters are illegal, and this is a chain letter.  Other
posters in other newsgroups have turned this letter (previous postings of it)
over to various postal inspectors.

Jeff Schweiger	  CompuServe:  74236,1645	Standard Disclaimer
ARPAnet (Defense Data Network):		        schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil

pjg@acsu.Buffalo.EDU (Paul Graham) (04/12/90)

for those who are curious:
#N      polari
#S      386; SCO XENIX
#O      PolarServ
#C      Bruce King
#E      polari!sysop
#T      +1 206 328 8880
#P      2318 2nd Ave #45, Seattle WA 98121
#L      47 38 N / 122 24 W
#U      happym rwing uw-warp thebes sumax 6sigma
#W      polari!markt (Mark Tapper); Wed Jan 24 16:58:14 PST 1990
#R      Publix access site for Seattle and Tacoma. mail sysop for details

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (04/12/90)

In article <1534@polari.UUCP>, tronix@polari.UUCP (David Daniel) writes:
> I ran across this someplace and it struck me as rather novel. Has anyone seen
> this before?

regardless - this is the wrong place to post this type of crap.

consider this a flame.

--
...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry@nstar