[comp.dcom.modems] UUCP problems using MNP 5 ?

devil@techunix.BITNET (Gil Tene) (05/25/90)

Hello ModemFolk,

I have heard complaints of problems using MNP 5 modems for UUCP
transfers. Is there any thruth in this allegation ?.

The modems discussed were microcom's AX/2400c modems.

AdvTHANKS,

Gil.

dejong@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Hans de Jong) (05/28/90)

In article <9673@discus.technion.ac.il> devil%techunix.bitnet@jade.berkeley.edu (Gil Tene) writes:

>I have heard complaints of problems using MNP 5 modems for UUCP
>transfers. Is there any thruth in this allegation ?.
>
>The modems discussed were microcom's AX/2400c modems.

This message partly could be a reaction to a question which I posted a month
ago. We thought we might have problems in using Microcom's MNP 5 modems
AX 2424c. It was however not for using UUCP, but for remote terminals.
It recently turned out however that our problem was caused by the call back
facility that controls the modem, *not* the modem. I receive a few reactions
to my question, but all of these confirmed that problems had not been
seen with Microcom's MNP 5 in AX/2424c.

Sorry for the confusion that I might have caused, and thanks to those who reacted.

Hans de Jong