[comp.dcom.modems] latest Version T 2500 ?

michele@chicco.SUBLINK.ORG (Michele Cei) (05/22/90)

in article <9960@gopnbg.gopas.sub.org>, root@gopnbg.gopas.sub.org (Super user) says:

> does anybody know the latest EPROM Version for a Telebit T 2500 ?
>
> My T2500 runs with 2.0

Bye, My version is a 6.00 and the differences i have seen are that the modem
support V.42 and V.42bis Data compression.

Michele.
--
Michele Cei.                          |  SUBLINK: michele@chicco.SUBLINK.ORG
V. De Gasperi 3, 27022 Casorate I     |

root@gold.UUCP (Christian Seyb) (06/02/90)

In <119@chicco.SUBLINK.ORG> michele@chicco.SUBLINK.ORG (Michele Cei) writes:

>Bye, My version is a 6.00 and the differences i have seen are that the modem
>support V.42 and V.42bis Data compression.

The easiest way for Telebit (and other companies) to have many modems
always up to date would be to post new Revisions to the net (Perhaps
in Intel HEX Format).

Its easy to make an Eprom. Its not always easy to get new Revisions of
anything (especially not in Europe, if the product is made in the US).

regards Christian
--
Christian Seyb      |  Internet: cs@gold.stgt.sub.org       uucp login: nuucp
Vogesenweg 4        |  Mailbox:  +49-711-776494   24h           300-19200 HST

jeh@dcs.simpact.com (06/03/90)

In article <508@gold.UUCP>, root@gold.UUCP (Christian Seyb) writes:
> The easiest way for Telebit (and other companies) to have many modems
> always up to date would be to post new Revisions to the net (Perhaps
> in Intel HEX Format).

Why not do what Andromeda Systems does and put the firmware in EEPROM,
reloadable through a serial port on the card?  In the case of Andromeda's
disk controllers, you attach a modem to the serial port, let someone from
their customer service group call it, and presto, new firmware.

This seems all the more suitable considering that Telebit is selling...
modems.  You'd call Telebit via anon uucp; they'd send you back a file
which you could in turn feed to the serial port to update the firmware.
Trivial.  And it'd make one HELL of a good selling point.

	--- Jamie Hanrahan, Simpact Associates, San Diego CA
Chair, VMSnet [DECUS uucp] and Internals Working Groups, DECUS VAX Systems SIG
Internet:  jeh@dcs.simpact.com, or if that fails, jeh@crash.cts.com
Uucp:  ...{crash,scubed,decwrl}!simpact!jeh