[comp.dcom.modems] V.32 modem and ISC 2.0.2 problems...

greg@gagme.chi.il.us (Gregory Gulik) (06/28/90)

In article <540@csource.OZ.AU> david@csource.OZ.AU (david nugent) writes:
>In <500@gagme.chi.il.us> greg@gagme.chi.il.us (Gregory Gulik) writes:
>

>  chown uucp /dev/tty01
>
>Should do the trick.

Didn't help.

>  chmod +rw /dev/tty01

That didn't help either.

Those were the obvious things I looked at and tried.

>Also, make sure you have the X5 (or X6, never had it myself, but I've
>seen mention of it) update - or better still, upgrade to 2.2.0.  I
>found very little worked with the 2.0.2 distribution.

That's what someone e-mailed that I do.  I told my friend and he
will be ordering whatever fix there is.  Since he just bought 2.0.2
recently, I don't think he'll go for a completely new version.

In the meantime, we swapped the modem and mouse so that the modem
is in COM1 and the mouse in COM2, and everything seems fine.  The
modem works great!  I think I need pick up a modem like that for
myself!!

Thanks..

-greg

--
Gregory A. Gulik					Call Gagme, a public
	greg@gagme.chi.il.us  ||  ...!gagme!greg	access UNIX system at