[comp.dcom.modems] anyone have info on a rixon modem

beech@ms.uky.edu (Wayne Beech) (06/29/90)

Hello,

I have aquired two Rixon TA201C modems. They appear to have been manufactured
in 1979.  Does anyone know anything about this modems that might be useful in
getting them to work?

Thanks,
wayne

UUCP  : ukma!beech
BITNET: beech@ukma
DOMAIN: beech@ms.uky.edu

yjj@ctr.columbia.edu (Yuan Jiang) (06/30/90)

Someone asked for this before.

Galacticomm, In.
4101 S.W. 47 Ave., Suite 101
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33314
(305) 583-5990

sells multi modems on one card for IBM PC, XT, AT and compatibles.
They are Hayes compatible 2400/1200/300 bps.  You can have 2, 4, 6 or 8
modems on one card.

Yuan

RAF@CU.NIH.GOV ("Roger Fajman") (06/30/90)

> I have aquired two Rixon TA201C modems. They appear to have been manufactured
> in 1979.  Does anyone know anything about this modems that might be useful in
> getting them to work?

Rixon is now called Case Communications.  They are in Columbia, Maryland.
Their number is 301-290-7710.

bill@casemo.UUCP (Bill Jensen) (07/03/90)

In article <9006300450.AA11933@alw.nih.gov>, RAF@CU.NIH.GOV ("Roger Fajman") writes:
> > I have aquired two Rixon TA201C modems. They appear to have been manufactured
> > in 1979.  Does anyone know anything about this modems that might be useful in
> > getting them to work?
>
> Rixon is now called Case Communications.  They are in Columbia, Maryland.
> Their number is 301-290-7710.

	Actually, that's CASE/Datatel now, in Annapolis Junction, MD
	( near Columbia ) and the main number is 301-317-7710.

Bill Jensen, Systems Engineer			CASE / Datatel Inc.
(301)-317-7553					9020 Junction Drive
mimsy!casemo!bill				Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

In article <15550@s.ms.uky.edu> beech@ms.uky.edu (Wayne Beech) writes:
> Hello,
>
> I have aquired two Rixon TA201C modems. They appear to have been manufactured
> in 1979.  Does anyone know anything about this modems that might be useful in
> getting them to work?

The numbers suggest that these modems aren't going to be useful for interactive
async use.  Probably something silly like 2400 BPS synchronous, but don't give
up without checking...