[comp.dcom.modems] Anyone have experience with 14400 baud full-duplex modems?

jparnas@larouch.uucp (Jacob Parnas) (07/05/90)

If you have experience with 14400 baud modems I'd appreciate it if you
would drop me a note relating that experience with me.  I'd like to
try a couple out and want to know which is best.

Thanks

| Jacob M. Parnas                    | DISCLAIMER: The above message is from |
| IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Ctr. | me and is not from my employer.  IBM  |
| Arpanet: jparnas@ibm.com           | might completely disagree with me.    |
| Bitnet: jparnas@yktvmx.bitnet      \---------------------------------------|
| Home: ..!uunet!bywater!acheron!larouch!jparnas | Phone: (914) 945-1635     |

gwang@igloo.scum.com (George Wang) (07/06/90)

In article <1990Jul5.041357.5746@larouch.uucp> jparnas@larouch.uucp (Jacob Parnas) writes:
>If you have experience with 14400 baud modems I'd appreciate it if you
>would drop me a note relating that experience with me.  I'd like to
>try a couple out and want to know which is best.

The NEW USR HST 14.4K with the new V.42/bis modification is
undoubtedbly the fastest modem yet.. You can get over 2000cps
on compressed ZIP files using zmodem mobyturbo or ymodem-g...
This is a great modem and a lot of folks use it in the BBS
world... Unfortunately, USR is stained by their terrible
dealer sales Rep, Jim Summers.. He's bad news!!

George

--
George Wang
Wang Associates