[comp.dcom.modems] Phone line simulator

rlin@cs.ubc.ca (Robert Lin) (07/14/90)

I am looking for a phone line simulator. This device has two RJ-11 phone
jacks, and simulate a telephone connection. I can't find any company that
has this device. Who makes them? How much does it cost?

Please reply through e-mail to rlin@cs.ubc.ca.

jra@techdata.UUCP (Jay R. Ashworth) (07/15/90)

A company named Telephone Products Company manufactures such a toy.  I don't
have an address, but call a customer of mine, Southern Cable Corporation,
New Port Richey, FL, 800-333-9777, tell Melissa Szieber I sent you, and I
think she can get you one.  If not, she can certainly get you and address;
it was them I got the catalog from...
Good luck,
-- jra

sl@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) (07/17/90)

In article <8672@ubc-cs.UUCP> rlin@cs.ubc.ca (Robert Lin) writes:
>I am looking for a phone line simulator. This device has two RJ-11 phone
>jacks, and simulate a telephone connection. I can't find any company that
>has this device. Who makes them? How much does it cost?

A simple and flexible way to do this is to pickup a low end pbx or ksu. For
example the Panasonic KT-308. You can get them used for around $300.

It support's three phone line connections and eight handsets. Using the
intercom feature it will support three test connections.

I use one for testing fax modems. Six modems, three calling to another
three.

--
Stuart.Lynne@wimsey.bc.ca ubc-cs!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice)