[comp.dcom.modems] V.42bis upgrades possible for US Robotics Courier HST

src@scuzzy.uucp (Heiko Blume) (07/14/90)

just wanted to note that a cheap (~$30) upgrade path to V.42bis for
newer USR Courier HST modems is possible (at least here in germany).
`newer' means that the power plug coming from the power supply is female.
of course i have an old model :-(
--
Heiko Blume c/o Diakite   blume@scuzzy.mbx.sub.org    FAX   (+49 30) 882 50 65
Kottbusser Damm 28        blume@netmbx.UUCP           VOICE (+49 30) 691 88 93

matthew@alchemy.ithaca.ny.us (Matthew Kleinmann) (07/18/90)

src@scuzzy.uucp (Heiko Blume) writes:

> just wanted to note that a cheap (~$30) upgrade path to V.42bis for
> newer USR Courier HST modems is possible (at least here in germany).
> `newer' means that the power plug coming from the power supply is female.
> of course i have an old model :-(
> --
I just got the V.42bis upgrade for my USR Dual Standard yesterday.
Tonight I want to read the 8 or so manual pages that came with it (to see
what I will have to change in my init string etc.) and then install one
IC and two jumpers.  I will let you know how it works as soon as I find
another modem with V.42bis to try it with (-:

==  350 Megabytes Online!    Matthew Kleinmann  300 - 14400 HST & V32  ==
==                                Curator                              ==
==  The Alchemists' Guild     (607) 277-7979    Alchemy International  ==