[comp.dcom.modems] Multiplexers over dialup lines

tony@jassys.UUCP (Tony Holden) (08/17/90)

Can anyone give their experiences on using multiplexers over dialup lines?

Does it work well enough to use ona daily basis?  Errors?  What kinds of
modems?  TB's?

In short, educate me ;-)

--
Tony Holden
tony@jassys

bill@bilver.UUCP (Bill Vermillion) (08/20/90)

In article <3@jassys.UUCP> tony@jassys.UUCP (Tony Holden) writes:
>Can anyone give their experiences on using multiplexers over dialup lines?
>
>Does it work well enough to use ona daily basis?  Errors?  What kinds of
>modems?  TB's?

Several months ago I replaced standard V.32's with TB's running PEP on a
leased line installation with MUXes.

The plan was to convert to dialups, but the customer kept dragging his feet
and they were getting disconnects many times a day on occasion.  (Working
through TWO different phone companies didn't help a lot).

Now, after finally getting onto dialups, they have no disconnects to speak
of - and are now wondering why they paid so much more for leased lines that
weren't as reliable as dial-ups.

                      : bill@bilver.UUCP