[comp.dcom.modems] USR 9600bd dual standard

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (The Veteran Cosmic Rocker) (08/18/90)

I am in the market for a USR 9600 baud dual standard (HST and V.32,
right?) modem.

Anyone out there selling one?

Please send me email.

Thanks!

--
Rich Carreiro                                    The "War on Drugs"
ARPA: rlcarr@athena.mit.edu                      is merely a smokescreen for

bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brendan Gallagher Hoar) (08/22/90)

Are there two versions of the USR Dual Standard, on ewith v.42 and one
without?  Or did they just recently add v.42 to their base modem?  OR
do they not have it at all?

Also, I'm looking for a source for commercial purchase (non academic)
of a Dual standard as cheap as possible.

Reply in email if possible  bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (08/26/90)

bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brendan Gallagher Hoar) writes:

>Are there two versions of the USR Dual Standard, on ewith v.42 and one
>without?  Or did they just recently add v.42 to their base modem?  OR
>do they not have it at all?

All new HST modems include support for v.42 - and older modems
(14.4 kbaud units) can be upgraded for $50 to support v.42.

            uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry@nstar
     Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 lines/PEP/HST/Hayes-V)