[comp.dcom.modems] TrailBlazer on a Sun 3/80 running SunOS 4.1

sda@edc.UUCP (Stephen Ayers) (09/12/90)

Is anyone out there running a TrailBlazer of a Sun 3/80 (or similar) running
SunOS 4.1? If so can you please e-mail me your S register settings?
The command ATN? is all it takes...

Thanks!

--
Stephen Ayers
Atex European Development Centre, A Kodak Company

shaw@saturn.uucp (Tom Shaw ct58 Ex 5084) (09/13/90)

In article <1519@edc.edc.UUCP> sda@edc.UUCP (Stephen Ayers) writes:
>Is anyone out there running a TrailBlazer of a Sun 3/80 (or similar) running
>SunOS 4.1? If so can you please e-mail me your S register settings?
>The command ATN? is all it takes...
>
>Thanks!
>
>--
>Stephen Ayers
>Atex European Development Centre, A Kodak Company
>sda@epps.kodak.com | {sun,uunet,kodak}!atexnet!sda  | ..!ukc!edc!sda
>+44 506 41 6778

I would also be interested in anyone using TrailBlazers.  I just tried posting
to comp.dcom.modems today and will be interested to see if it makes the net.

What I am doing is this, transfering files between a system using Sun OS 3.5
and a system using Sun OS 4.0.  I use kermit to handle the file transfers.  The
files range from 200 bytes to 1MB.  I have already accomplished the connection
and some transfers, but would like to ensure that I am transfering at the highest
data rate possible.  Does any one know what kind of data rates I should expect??
I'm transfering binary and ASCII data over dial-up phone lines.  One last thing,
I heard about some problems that people in Germany were having with Telebits, does
anyone know hwat the problems are/were??

Thanks.

Tom