[comp.dcom.modems] how do I connect to UUNET with a Hayes 9600?

cspencer@spdcc.COM (Cliff Spencer) (09/23/90)

Can someone tell me the proper settings to connect to uunet at 9600
with a Hayes V-series 9600? I have tried S37=9 N0  and  a local line
speed of 9600, but as soon as uunet picks up, my modem drops hangs up.
Has anyone done this successfully?
						-cliff

--
Cliff Spencer
spdcc!cspencer 			cspencer@spdcc.com

laird@slum.MV.COM (Laird Heal) (09/24/90)

In article <4141@ursa-major.SPDCC.COM> cspencer@ursa-major.spdcc.com.spdcc.COM (Cliff Spencer) writes:
>Can someone tell me the proper settings to connect to uunet at 9600
>with a Hayes V-series 9600?

uunet has T2500's on their lines.  Transport is PEP or V.32.

In my experience, the V-series connect only with each other at high speed,
but they work very well with each other.

They also give fits to incoming callers.  When I have managed to coax
a 2400/ARQ connection out of them they'd wet my whistle too, although
nothing like two HST's on a clean line.

--
Laird Heal	laird@slum.MV.COM	The world is my office.
(Salem, NH)	+1 603 898 1406	<-----I charge for opinions, though.