[comp.dcom.modems] Upgrade path for Telebit T1000?

ltf@ncmicro.ncmnet.com (Lance Franklin) (09/24/90)

I was just wondering what the upgrade path for a Telebit T1000 was.  Can
it be upgraded at all?  Is V.32 possible with an upgrade, or 19200?  Or
am I better off waiting for Telebit to offer some sort of trade-in deal,
which I understand occasionally happens.

Thanks in advance.....Lance

--
Lance T. Franklin            +----------------------------------------------+
(ltf@ncmicro.lonestar.org)   | "I'll hit you with this here lollipop!"      |

In article <167@ncmicro.ncmnet.com> ltf@ncmicro.lonestar.org (Lance Franklin) writes:
> I was just wondering what the upgrade path for a Telebit T1000 was.  Can
> it be upgraded at all?  Is V.32 possible with an upgrade, or 19200?  Or
> am I better off waiting for Telebit to offer some sort of trade-in deal,
> which I understand occasionally happens.

Given that the T1000 is an intentionally emasculated Trailblazer, with
features removed just to justify a lower sales price, I would expect too
much in the way of upgrades.

Unlike the newer Trailblazer boards, there is no place to add the V.32
sub-board, so unless they develop some new technology and decided to
recycle the packaging, there's no hope of V.32.

If you're only getting on modem (and can afford it) the T2500 is the best
bet.  We buy a fair number of T1000's only because they're significantly
cheaper and we already have Trailblazers and T2500's for the few
occasions where compression or V.32 is needed.