[comp.dcom.modems] T2500 V.32 problem

ddl@husc6.harvard.edu (Dan Lanciani) (10/14/90)

	Using a pair of (new) T2500s in V.32 mode for interactive
connection to a terminal server, I've been seeing the following
problem more and more often:  Characters from the remote machine stop
reaching my terminal.  I know that typed characters are still reaching
the remote machine.  Escaping to command mode and going back online
(ATO) does not help.  Escaping to command mode, issuing a retrain (AT&R)
and going back online always fixes it.  At this point I can see that
what I had typed "blind" did indeed reach the remote machine.  The
"line quality" register is 100 at all times.  Anybody seen this
before?

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@harvard.*

In article <4421@husc6.harvard.edu> ddl@husc6.harvard.edu (Dan Lanciani) writes:

> 	Using a pair of (new) T2500s in V.32 mode for interactive
> connection to a terminal server, I've been seeing the following
> problem more and more often:  Characters from the remote machine stop
> reaching my terminal.  I know that typed characters are still reaching
> the remote machine.  Escaping to command mode and going back online
> (ATO) does not help.  Escaping to command mode, issuing a retrain (AT&R)
> and going back online always fixes it.  At this point I can see that
> what I had typed "blind" did indeed reach the remote machine.  The
> "line quality" register is 100 at all times.  Anybody seen this
> before?

Sounds like a call to Telebit tech support would be appropriate.  There
seem to have been a lot of problems with T2500's retraing after the call
has been initiated and then failing the retrain, even though the first
training went ok.  Perhaps they've added some undefined register to
control how bad things have to get before breaking down and trying to
retrain, or perhaps something is broken...