[comp.dcom.modems] T2500 on Esix system

ralphs%halcyon.uucp@seattleu.edu (10/25/90)

heiser@world.std.com (Bill Heiser) writes:

[telebit talk deleted]

> setting S50=255.  This is fine for uucp -- that's what I want.  But
> even though I have S52=2, the modem is not resetting when it should.
> For example, if the modem tries to make a uucp call, and fails, it
> leaves S50=255, so n more 2400 users can connect.

> What's the trick to force the modem to reset after every inbound or
> outbound call?

Re-init with AT&E.

mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) (10/26/90)

heiser@world.std.com (Bill Heiser) writes:
> What's the trick to force the modem to reset after every inbound or
> outbound call?

If ESIX drops DTR after an inbound or outbound call, you can set S52
to 2, which makes the modem drop carrier, refuse to auto-answer, and
reload the operating parameters from the EEPROM when DTR is dropped.
If you have Z0 set, then the parameter set loaded is selected by the
A/B switch on the front of the modem; if you have Z1 or Z2 set, then
either set A or set B is used, respectively.

--
Marc Unangst               |
mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us  | "Bus error: passengers dumped"