[comp.dcom.modems] Practical Perpherials V.32/V42bis $489

jimmy_t@verifone.com (10/26/90)

Practical Perpherials is advertising a V.32/V.42bis/MNPL5 modem listing
for $699 with a 5 yr warrenty.  Street price at the dealer I called was $489

Has anyone had good or bad experience with PP modems?
--
+------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
|  James H. Thompson                 |   jimmy_t@verifone.com    (Internet) |

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (10/26/90)

jimmy_t@verifone.com writes:

>Practical Perpherials is advertising a V.32/V.42bis/MNPL5 modem listing
>for $699 with a 5 yr warrenty.  Street price at the dealer I called was $489

Tech Data had these modems on sale last month for $414 which is one
heck of a deal - as a matter of fact, I was (am) considering replacing
the HST(s) on nstar with a pair of these modems.

 {larry@nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar%larry@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (10/26/90)

In article <1990Oct26.031237.933@nstar.uucp> larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
>jimmy_t@verifone.com writes:
>(about the Practical Peripherals V.32/V.42/V.42bis modems)
>
>Tech Data had these modems on sale last month for $414 which is one
>heck of a deal - as a matter of fact, I was (am) considering replacing
>the HST(s) on nstar with a pair of these modems.

I tried to respond to Larry Snyder directly, but my mailer barfed.

Does anyone have an address and phone for Tech Data?

Thanks!

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarne             |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709       Phone: (415) 549-2684             |  |