[comp.dcom.modems] Telebit T-2500 on Esix system

heiser@world.std.com (10/18/90)

I am about to install a T-2500 on an Esix system, and would like to know
how to set the modem configuration.  The modem will be used for inbound
and outbound uucp/news, inbound Waffle BBS & Shell calls, and outbound
calls using Pcomm.

If someone can forward me the appropriate modem settings, along with any
other tips/hints, I'd appreciate it.  If there is sufficient response,
I can summarize to the net.

If possible, please reply to heiser@unixland.uucp, or if you're working
with old maps (unixland.uucp is registered but new), heiser@world.std.com.

Thanks much in advance!

Bill

--
Work:    heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com
	 {decuac,necntc,uunet}!rayssd!tdw201.ed.ray.com!heiser

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) (10/21/90)

heiser@world.std.com writes:

>I am about to install a T-2500 on an Esix system, and would like to know
>how to set the modem configuration.  The modem will be used for inbound
>and outbound uucp/news, inbound Waffle BBS & Shell calls, and outbound
>calls using Pcomm.

First, I would recommend using XCMALT instead of PCOMM. PCOMM is very
buggy, and doesn't have half the features that XCMALT does.

MD
--
-- Michael P. Deignan, President     -- Small Business Systems, Inc. --
-- Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com       -- Box 17220, Esmond, RI 02917  --

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (10/28/90)

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:

>First, I would recommend using XCMALT instead of PCOMM. PCOMM is very
>buggy, and doesn't have half the features that XCMALT does.

Have you looked at ProYam from Omen?

 {larry@nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar%larry@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)