[comp.dcom.modems] MNP protocols

jkr@IFI.UIO.NO (06/08/89)

This might have been covered 6000 times earlier, but here we go again..

Does anyone have (or know where to get) specs for the MNP protocols ?
(Especially lvl. 3, 5 & 7).

BTW: Is there any kind of copyright or licensing agreement on those protocols ?

jkr@ifi.uio.no

jkr@IFI.UIO.NO (06/09/89)

This might have been covered 6000 times earlier, but here we go again..
(And even twice from ME, if this mailer gets it the way it wants it..)

davidsen@sungod.crd.ge.com (William Davidsen) (06/14/89)

In article <8906080657.AA10669@kyrre.uio.no> jkr@IFI.UIO.NO writes:

| Does anyone have (or know where to get) specs for the MNP protocols ?
| (Especially lvl. 3, 5 & 7).

  I got a copy of levels 1-4 from Microcomm (I don't have the address
handy). As I recall 1-4 are P.D., others are still licensed. They make a
hell of a modem, too.
	bill davidsen		(davidsen@crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen

jack.bzoza@canremote.uucp (JACK BZOZA) (06/17/89)

jO>BTW: Is there any kind of copyright or licensing agreement on those
jO>protocols ?

I believe they are in the public domain.

Be <C>hatting with you.....
---
 * QDeLuxe 1.10 #168  Lead, follow or get out of the way !

paul@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu (Paul Placeway) (06/28/89)

   From: davidsen@sungod.crd.ge.com (William Davidsen)
   Newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems
   Date: 14 Jun 89 15:44:19 GMT
   Sender: news@crdgw1.crd.ge.com

   In article <8906080657.AA10669@kyrre.uio.no> jkr@IFI.UIO.NO writes:

   | Does anyone have (or know where to get) specs for the MNP protocols ?
   | (Especially lvl. 3, 5 & 7).

     I got a copy of levels 1-4 from Microcomm (I don't have the address
   handy). As I recall 1-4 are P.D., others are still licensed. They make a
   hell of a modem, too.
	   bill davidsen		(davidsen@crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
     {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen

paul@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu (Paul Placeway) (06/28/89)

davidsen@sungod.crd.ge.com (William Davidsen) writes:

   In article <8906080657.AA10669@kyrre.uio.no> jkr@IFI.UIO.NO writes:

   | Does anyone have (or know where to get) specs for the MNP protocols ?
   | (Especially lvl. 3, 5 & 7).

     I got a copy of levels 1-4 from Microcomm (I don't have the address
   handy). As I recall 1-4 are P.D., others are still licensed. They make a
   hell of a modem, too.

OK, not for the next $52 question: does anyone have them FTP (or
UUCP)-able?  If not, and someone can send me machine readable specs
and assurances (from Micorcomm) that they are distributable, I will
put them in our FTP/UUCP area.

		-- Paul Placeway
		   Ohio State Computer Science.

dvv@hq.demos.su (Dmitry V. Volodin) (08/31/90)

Can anyone provide me with MNP protocols' description?

Dima <dvv@hq.demos.su> or <dvv%hq.demos.su@fuug.fi>

ping@latcs1.oz.au (Ping Li) (10/31/90)

	Does any one out there can help me
	to locate the detailed description