[comp.dcom.modems] radio interferance

sldf3@cc.usu.edu (10/29/90)

I have a small problem of receiving a radio station through my modem
during the afternoon. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this problem?
Please E-mail to SLDF3@CC.USU.EDU as I don't usually read this group.

root@zswamp.fidonet.org (Geoffrey Welsh) (11/01/90)

 >I have a small problem of receiving a radio station through my modem
 >during the afternoon. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this problem?
 >Please E-mail to SLDF3@CC.USU.EDU as I don't usually read this group.

   Yeah: get the modem replaced. It worked for me. <grin>

--
UUCP:     watmath!xenitec!zswamp!root | 602-66 Mooregate Crescent
Internet: root@zswamp.fidonet.org     | Kitchener, Ontario
Data:     (519) 742-8939              | (519) 741-9553
MC Hammer, n. Device used to ensure firm seating of MicroChannel boards
Try our new Bud 'C' compiler... it specializes in 'case' statements!

bruce@ccavax.camb.com (11/03/90)

In article <1990Oct29.074854.41370@cc.usu.edu>, sldf3@cc.usu.edu writes:
> I have a small problem of receiving a radio station through my modem
> during the afternoon. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this problem?

If you are near a transmitter, this is not too unusual.

Some of the same companies that make wall jacks and other similar station
equipment also make radio interference filters.

I know Suttle makes them, and I just flipped open a CAC (Continental
Apparatus Co 817.431.1521) catalog and found them.

The CAC folks make a CAC 1542A described as a toroid choke coil,
and they also make a CAC BCIF Filter for really heavy duty problems. This
latter unit is a 3 section Tchebychev low pass filter with a 300 khz cutoff.

> Please E-mail to SLDF3@CC.USU.EDU as I don't usually read this group.

Done.