[comp.dcom.modems] Adapter

lien@wiebull.usc.edu (Jung-Cheun Lien) (11/02/90)

Need an adapter for RS232 25-pin female <-> Mac DIN female (round connector).

I have a hayes 2400 Baud modem came along with a Prodigy software. The modem
has two signal lines, one connects to a phone jack, and the other connects
to the back of a Mac SE/30. Everything works well. Now I want to use this
modem to my old IBM XT (a clone , of course).  SO I need an adapter
that has one end as 25-pin male connector and the other end as a
female Mac DIN round connector (the same as the back of a Mac SE/30).

I've tried nearby computer stores without luck. Can anyone out there give
me a pointer?   Thanks.
lien, lien@usc.edu

tnixon@hayes.uucp (Toby Nixon) (11/03/90)

In article <27832@usc>, lien@wiebull.usc.edu (Jung-Cheun Lien) writes:

> I have a hayes 2400 Baud modem came along with a Prodigy software. The modem
> has two signal lines, one connects to a phone jack, and the other connects
> to the back of a Mac SE/30. Everything works well. Now I want to use this
> modem to my old IBM XT (a clone , of course).  SO I need an adapter
> that has one end as 25-pin male connector and the other end as a
> female Mac DIN round connector (the same as the back of a Mac SE/30).

Hayes has exactly the connector you're looking for.  If you had
purchased the modem with PC software instead of Mac software, the
connector would have been included with the modem, free of charge
(believe it or not).  Anyway, you can probably get the adapter for
next to nothing from Hayes Customer Service at 404-441-1617 (8am-6pm
EDT Mon-Fri).  Just tell them you have a Personal Modem 2400 and
want the DIN-8 to DB-25 cable adapter so you can use it with your
PC.

	-- Toby

--
Toby Nixon, Principal Engineer    | Voice   +1-404-449-8791  Telex 151243420
Hayes Microcomputer Products Inc. | Fax     +1-404-447-0178  CIS   70271,404