[comp.dcom.modems] T2500 not answering phone correctly

heiser@world.std.com (Bill Heiser) (11/01/90)

I'm having a funny (not so funny actually :-( problem with my T2500.

It is set up to do both outbound uucp and inbound modem calls.  This
is set up so it is working pretty well.  A couple of days ago, though,
the modem started intermittently not answering the phone properly.
The modem goes off-hook, the remote modem thinks it's gotten conneced,
but the T2500 CD light never comes on.  Eventually it just severs the
connection.  I've observed this several times at 2400 baud connects,
but I don't know what happens if a Telebit tries to connect.

Is this familiar to anyone?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Bill

--
 Bill Heiser | heiser@world.std.com  (Public Access Unix)
_____________| heiser@sud509.ed.ray.com

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) (11/05/90)

heiser@world.std.com (Bill Heiser) writes:

>It is set up to do both outbound uucp and inbound modem calls.  This
>is set up so it is working pretty well.  A couple of days ago, though,
>the modem started intermittently not answering the phone properly.
>The modem goes off-hook, the remote modem thinks it's gotten conneced,
>but the T2500 CD light never comes on.  Eventually it just severs the
>connection.  I've observed this several times at 2400 baud connects,
>but I don't know what happens if a Telebit tries to connect.

This happens several times a week here as well. Many times it has to
do with a poor connection, where the Telebit cannot accurately handshake
with the remote modem.

MD
--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      / Introducing...
--  Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com            /  MommyCalc: A Spreadsheet so