[comp.dcom.modems] Intel...

sqh@dhw68k.cts.com (Steve Hubbell) (11/07/90)

I am going to be purchasing an Intel 9600ex within the next month
and was wondering:

  o  Does Intel has a program for BBS sysops to buy their modems at a
     discount?
  o  If not, can anyone recommend a good place to purchase a 9600ex
     at a good price?

Thanks...

|      Steve Hubbell                          sqh@dhw68k.cts.com            |

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (11/09/90)

In article <1990Nov7.035232.10253@dhw68k.cts.com> sqh@dhw68k.cts.com (Steve Hubbell) writes:

>I am going to be purchasing an Intel 9600ex within the next month
>and was wondering:
>
>  o  Does Intel has a program for BBS sysops to buy their modems at a
>     discount?

Yes.  I believe the price is $399, maximum of two.

>  o  If not, can anyone recommend a good place to purchase a 9600ex
>     at a good price?

I believe the answer to (1) obviates this one :-).

>Thanks...

No problem!

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarne             |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709       Phone: (415) 549-2684             |  |

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (11/11/90)

sqh@dhw68k.cts.com (Steve Hubbell) writes:

>I am going to be purchasing an Intel 9600ex within the next month
>and was wondering:

>  o  Does Intel has a program for BBS sysops to buy their modems at a
>     discount?
>  o  If not, can anyone recommend a good place to purchase a 9600ex
>     at a good price?

Tech Data still has these modems on backorder - their price is $474 -

The SYSOP price is $399 - and ordering information is available on the
Intel BBS (the number is at the office and I will post it Monday)..

 {larry@nstar, {uunet|backbone}!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)