[comp.dcom.modems] Cheap V.32: Practical Peripherals

ed@lupine.NCD.COM (Ed Basart) (11/16/90)

I'd suggest the Practical Peripherals modem as the latest thing to
investigate as an inexpensive modem.  They are being sold by
Frye's (practically the Good Compute-keeping Seal of Approval),
and are always sold out.  The price is something like $480.

I believe they also have the Intel product there.  It's about a hundred
more, I believe.

As soon as one lands on the shelf, I'll buy one to make sure it works
well with our legions of Fastcomms and Telebit 2500s.

sysop@mixcom.UUCP (System Operator) (11/18/90)

ed@lupine.NCD.COM (Ed Basart) writes:

>I'd suggest the Practical Peripherals modem as the latest thing to
>investigate as an inexpensive modem.  They are being sold by
>Frye's (practically the Good Compute-keeping Seal of Approval),
>and are always sold out.  The price is something like $480.

I'm using a PP 9600 for dial-in.  It is working OK, and
was the easiest modem to install.  The defaults are right
for 9600 baud use.

Check Discount Computer Warehouse: $436 cash/COD (+3% for credit
card).  Get the 800 phone # from Computer Shopper for other magazine.

Dean
--
    Milwaukee Information eXchange (MIX), public access *NIX/Usenet
        MIX Communications, P.O. Box 17166, Milwaukee, WI 53217