[comp.dcom.modems] Digicom PLUS V.32

CSP1DWD@OAC.UCLA.EDU (Denis DeLaRoca 825-4580, 213) (11/18/90)

Harri,

All I hear is "good talk" about the DSI modems but no real hard facts...
My latest copy of the Computer Shopper has a place Discovery Electro-
nics, Inc, 1351 Dividend Dr. S.E./Suite N/Marietta, GA 30067, tel
404-980-9664 and fax 404-980-9754, offering a DSI with V.32bis, V.42bis
and send/recv Group III FAX for $849.

The problem here is that the V.32bis (14400baud) standard is *no*
standard yet, I suppose the DSI fellows are running something very
close to the eventual V.32bis and that when the standard is settled
in early 1991 all they would have to do is offer a ROM upgrade. This
all seems risky to me, in addition I don't have any idea how well
the modems interoperate with the rest of the world... the Discovery
people have a 30 day satisfaction period so that may allow for the
try out of these modems.

-- Denis

jjj@blob.hut.fi (Joni Jaakko J{rvenkyl{) (11/21/90)

In article <9011200052.AA04266@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> CSP1DWD@OAC.UCLA.EDU (Denis DeLaRoca  825-4580, 213) writes:
>The problem here is that the V.32bis (14400baud) standard is *no*
>standard yet, I suppose the DSI fellows are running something very
>close to the eventual V.32bis and that when the standard is settled
>in early 1991 all they would have to do is offer a ROM upgrade. This

Oh?

According to my knowledge CCITT has just standardized the proposed V.32bis
standard?? At least the standardizing session should have been during this
month if I'm not completely wrong?

--
jjj@niksula.hut.fi
jjj@otax.tky.hut.fi