[comp.dcom.modems] Telebit T1000 registers

steve@tr.UUCP (steve chandler CAI Tucson) (11/22/90)

I am having some problems with my T1000 Modem, can somebody describe
what register S255 does, I cannot find any reference to it?

Thanks in advance

steve

mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) (11/23/90)

steve@tr.UUCP (steve chandler CAI Tucson) writes:
> I am having some problems with my T1000 Modem, can somebody describe
> what register S255 does, I cannot find any reference to it?

S255 selects which set of saved parameters are restored when a
straight ATZ or AT&E is done.  On the T2500 (and other Telebit models
with an A/B front-panel switch), setting it to 0 tells the modem to
obey the setting of the A/B switch, and setting it to 1 or 2 tells the
modem to ignore the switch setting and always load set A or set B,
respectively.

I don't think the T1000 has an A/B switch on it, so the function of
the S255 register may be different.  If the T1000 can only save one
set of operating parameters, then it may not do anything.

--
Marc Unangst               |
mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us  | "Bus error: passengers dumped"