[comp.dcom.modems] Telebit Modem prices

veltkamp@bailey.usa (Dave Veltkamp) (12/11/90)

Some time ago I received a net message from someone describing some
real good prices on Telebit modems for uucp sites.  I have
unfortunately lost that mail message and cannot seem to recover it.

I believe the source was something like Network Computing Devices(??)

We are currently setting up a system including AnnexII terminal
server, DECStation 3100, and (I hope) 3-4 high speed modems.  The goal
is to lik our center with its 55 industrial sponsors for mail and
document transfers.

Anyway, if anyone remembers seeing such information (or if you have
other sources of info), I would much appreciate your help.

(I am not locked into the Telebit modems but we have been using a
Trailblazer T1600 to transfer large data files between Seattle and
Buffalo, N.Y. for over three years and I am pleased with their
performance.)

P.S. Anyone have the little command and register summary card included
in the back if the T1600 manual on-line (I seem to have misplaced my
manual)??

Thanks,
Dave Veltkamp
veltkamp@cpac.washington.edu

kjh@pollux.usc.edu (Kenneth J. Hendrickson) (12/11/90)

In article <VELTKAMP.90Dec10133546@bailey.usa> veltkamp@bailey.usa (Dave Veltkamp) writes:
>(I am not locked into the Telebit modems but we have been using a
>Trailblazer T1600 to transfer large data files between Seattle and
>Buffalo, N.Y. for over three years and I am pleased with their
>performance.)

You have been using the T1600 for more than THREE years?

I thought the T1600 was brand new.  Are you sure of the model number?
Did you make a typo?  Were you a Beta test site?

Or perhaps, am I wrong and the modem is not so new?

--
favourite oxymorons:   student athlete, military justice, mercy killing
Ken Hendrickson N8DGN/6       kjh@usc.edu      ...!uunet!usc!pollux!kjh