[comp.dcom.modems] dsi modem v32bis?

marcus@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (M. Daniels) (12/06/90)

Anyone out there own a DSI v32bis modem?
Computer Shopper/Discovery Electronics shows $845 for 14K.
bad idea?

Does anyone know of manufacturers who will upgrade
their products to v32 without paying another $300,400?  Has Intel
given any idea the cost an upgrade for the 9600ex?
Regarding previous complaints about PP's poor performance at 2400
baud, has anyone experienced similar trouble with other low cost
9600 baud modems (intel esp.) ?

Anyone heard timelines for Telebit, Multitech having v32bis modems?

somebody give the final word on the best way to spend < $1000 on a
modem. thanks
- MD -  marcus@eecs.ee.pdx.edu OR ....!uunet!tektronix!psueea!eecs!marcus
- MD -                  "An empty stomach is not a good polotical advisor."

cth_co@tekno.chalmers.se (Christer Olsson. MedNet, G|teborgs Universitet) (12/11/90)

In article <851@pdxgate.UUCP>, marcus@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (M. Daniels) writes:
> Anyone heard timelines for Telebit, Multitech having v32bis modems?

Some rumours says that US Robotics HST DS gets V32bis after jan-91.

jseymour@medar.COM (James Seymour) (12/13/90)

In article <19577@tekno.chalmers.se> cth_co@tekno.chalmers.se (Christer Olsson. MedNet, G|teborgs Universitet) writes:
>In article <851@pdxgate.UUCP>, marcus@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (M. Daniels) writes:
>> Anyone heard timelines for Telebit, Multitech having v32bis modems?
>
>Some rumours says that US Robotics HST DS gets V32bis after jan-91.

I Believe MultiTech plans to have v.32bis available sometime 1q 91.
--
Jim Seymour				| Medar, Inc.
...!uunet!medar!jseymour		| 38700 Grand River Ave.

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (12/14/90)

cth_co@tekno.chalmers.se (Christer Olsson. MedNet, G|teborgs Universitet) writes:

>Some rumours says that US Robotics HST DS gets V32bis after jan-91

right you are - all new modems will support v.32bis  - and to upgrade
an existing HST will set you back $545.

  {larry@nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@mailrus.cc.umich.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)