[comp.dcom.modems] help find V.42 bis

EJOVICEV%yubgef51@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (Dragan Jovicevic) (12/13/90)

Does anybody know a server on BITNET or INTERNET (which allows anonymous
FTP) where I could find detailed V.42 bis specification? Thanks.

                                Mr. Dragan Jovicevic
                                Institute M.Pupin
                                Dept. Datacomm 850
                                Volgina 15
                                11050 BEOGRAD
                                YUGOSLAVIA
                                ----------------------
                                EJOVICEV@YUBGEF51.BITNET

schuster@cup.portal.com (Michael Alan Schuster) (12/14/90)

>Does anybody know a server on BITNET or INTERNET (which allows anonymous
>FTP) where I could find detailed V.42 bis specification? Thanks.

Fully realizing that this might not help at all, I thought I'd post this
anyway just in case.

Hayes maintains full documentation on V.42 and other things on its
tech support BBS  (800-US-HAYES).  This might be a costly call from
Eastern Europe, but perhaps you can do this. They have Hayes V.32/V.42bis
modems answering the phone.

tnixon@hayes.uucp (12/14/90)

In article <EEC138A5C8BF001675@yubgef51>,
EJOVICEV%yubgef51@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (Dragan Jovicevic) writes:

> Does anybody know a server on BITNET or INTERNET (which allows anonymous
> FTP) where I could find detailed V.42 bis specification? Thanks.

V.42bis is a published CCITT standard, and therefore copyrighted --
there SHOULDN'T be an electronic version on any Bitnet or Internet
ftp server! You'll need to order a printed version, through ITU
headquarters in Geneva or through your PTT.

	International Telecommunications Union
	General Secretariat - Sales Section
	Place des Nations
	CH-1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
	Tel: +41 22 730 5111
	Tlx: 421 000 itu ch
	Fax: +41 22 733 7256

Sorry, I don't know how much it costs; a colleague of mine purchased
one at the ITU bookstore last time he was in Geneva, and didn't tell
me what he paid for it.

--
Toby Nixon, Principal Engineer    | Voice   +1-404-449-8791  Telex 151243420
Hayes Microcomputer Products Inc. | Fax     +1-404-447-0178  CIS   70271,404