[comp.dcom.modems] com3 port

pszemkow@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Paul Szemkow) (12/19/90)

I have IBM PS/2 model 60s with an double serial port board.  I can use COM2.
Does anyone know how to invoke COM3.  Setup does not recognize the third port.

root@zswamp.fidonet.org (Geoffrey Welsh) (12/20/90)

Paul Szemkow (pszemkow@rodan.acs.syr.edu ) wrote:

 >I have IBM PS/2 model 60s with an double serial port board.  I can
 >use COM2.
 >Does anyone know how to invoke COM3.  Setup does not recognize the

   In its infinite wisdom, IBM designed the PS/2 to use different standards
for serial ports above COM2 than those already in use by ISA machines.

--
UUCP:     watmath!xenitec!zswamp!root | 602-66 Mooregate Crescent
Internet: root@zswamp.fidonet.org     | Kitchener, Ontario
Data:     (519) 742-8939              | (519) 741-9553
MC Hammer, n. Device used to ensure firm seating of MicroChannel boards
Try our new Molson 'C' compiler... it specializes in 'case' statements!