[comp.dcom.modems] An Easy Question...

seanp%undrground@amix.commodore.com (Sean Petty) (01/09/91)

I realize that this is an easy, and probably often asked question....
BUT, could someone please tell me if a US Robotics HST with the V.32
upgrade would allow me to communicate with a Telebit at 9600+ speed?

   Anyone know how much the upgrade is?

 Thanks... And sorry for the easy question!

 Sean

-----
uunet!cbmvax!amix!undrground!seanp (Best Bet - - - BANG!)
seanp%undrground@amix.commodore.com ( 60 / 40 Chance....)

bob@ns.UUCP (Robert J. Mathias Jr.) (01/10/91)

In article <a6NHV6w162w@undrground> seanp%undrground@amix.commodore.com (Sean Petty) writes:
>I realize that this is an easy, and probably often asked question....
>BUT, could someone please tell me if a US Robotics HST with the V.32
>upgrade would allow me to communicate with a Telebit at 9600+ speed?

I am currently using the USR DS using V32 to talk to a Telebit TB2500. It
seems to work great.  In fact I just got my DS, so you can guess how happy
I am not to have to use 2400 baud anymore.

>   Anyone know how much the upgrade is?

I once looked into the upgrade but USR wanted too much plus you had to
send them your modem for installing the upgrade.  You might want to consider
doing what I did and that was to sell my HST and then buy the new DS that
now has V32bis.
--
Bob Mathias                          uucp: ...!uunet!ccicpg!uis-oc!ns.UUCP!bob
Unisys Corporation                   voice: (714) 727-0323