[comp.dcom.modems] USR upgrade to V.32bis?

pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown) (01/15/91)

I have a USR Dual Standard modem without the v.42 upgrade.  I have been
hesitant to get this, since I've known that v.32bis was probably in the queue.
Now that it has been announced, does anyone know if there is an upgrade?  If
so, how much does it cost?

--
"No, no, no!  It is an empirical law of physics that the heat flux at any
point is proportional to the temperature gradient at that point."

schuster@cup.portal.com (Michael Alan Schuster) (01/15/91)

>I have a USR Dual Standard modem without the v.42 upgrade.  I have been
>hesitant to get this, since I've known that v.32bis was probably in the queue.
>Now that it has been announced, does anyone know if there is an upgrade?  If
>so, how much does it cost?

$745

It makes more sense to sell your Dual Standard and buy a new one.
That's what I'm doing!

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (01/16/91)

pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown) writes:

>I have a USR Dual Standard modem without the v.42 upgrade.  I have been
>hesitant to get this, since I've known that v.32bis was probably in the queue.
>Now that it has been announced, does anyone know if there is an upgrade?  If
>so, how much does it cost?

$595 on an exchange basis according to USR

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0282 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator