[net.unix-wizards] lint and sigvec

russell@isucs1.UUCP (11/04/85)

I am trying to get a procedure that uses sigvec to pass lint, but I have
exceeded my knowlege in the area.  My particular question is:

	Why is sigvec defined in the lint library as:

		int (*sigvec(c, f, m))() int (*f)(); { return(f); }

	when the man page shows the declaration as:

		sigvec(sig, vec, ovec)
		int sig;
		struct sigvec *vec, *ovec;

After reading the man page, I am inclined to make the assertion that the
lint library has a mistake in it.

If anyone can shed some light on the subject, I would be grateful. (Or,
if someone has actually gotten sigvec to pass lint, I would like to know
how.)

			-Russell Jorgensen
			{umn-cs,okstate}!isucs1!russell

	"Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes"
			-Blazing Saddles

In article <488@isucs1.UUCP> russell@isucs1.UUCP writes:

> After reading the man page, I am inclined to make the assertion that the
> lint library has a mistake in it.

You are correct.  llib-lc should read

	int sigvec(c, f, m) struct sigvec *f, *m; { return 0; }

That is not the only bug in the 4.2BSD lint library.
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris@umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris@mimsy.umd.edu