[comp.dcom.modems] Hayes owns PP & whoelse?

Harvey_Taylor@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor) (01/31/91)

    It was with some surprise that I found out recently that Hayes
 owns Practical Peripherals. This got me to wondering. Who else among the
 bargain basement vendors is owned by one of the quality vendors with
 an image to protect?
    -harvey

 "The primary aim of warfare is to use up the products of the machine
  without raising the standard of living." -Emmanuel Goldstein

      Harvey Taylor      Meta Media Productions
       uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Harvey_Taylor
               a186@mindlink.UUCP

hugh@dciem.dciem.dnd.ca (Hugh D. Gamble) (02/05/91)

In article <4643@mindlink.UUCP> Harvey_Taylor@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor) writes:

>    It was with some surprise that I found out recently that Hayes
> owns Practical Peripherals. This got me to wondering. Who else among the
> bargain basement vendors is owned by one of the quality vendors with
> an image to protect?

Hayes recently acquired the assets of Waterloo Microsystems, a PC LAN
software company that used to sell a DOS semi-compatible network OS
called PORT.  Hayes stated that they will not be selling the existing
products "as is".

--
# Hugh D. Gamble, NTT Systems Inc. (at DCIEM (416) 635-2156) Std. Disclaimers #
# hugh@dretor.dciem.dnd.ca, hugh@kink.UUCP                                    #