[comp.dcom.modems] v.32, v.42 bis, tb2500 with ge7.00 roms -- no go.

emv@ox.com (Ed Vielmetti) (02/07/91)

I just put new GE7.00 roms into a Telebit T2500, and now it refuses
to talk V.32 to anything other than a T1600.  Connections initiated
from (e.g.) a Practical Peripherals 9600SA get the call progress that
reports that things sync'ed up OK, but no data goes through.

The modem is attached to a Sun 3/50.

I've heard talk of GF7.00 roms for the 2500s -- should I insist that
Telebit send me those instead?  If anyone has a history of the roms
that would be nice...

--Ed
emv@ox.com

gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) (02/08/91)

In article <EMV.91Feb7033050@crane.aa.ox.com> emv@ox.com (Ed Vielmetti) writes:

>I just put new GE7.00 roms into a Telebit T2500, and now it refuses
>to talk V.32 to anything other than a T1600.
>[parts deleted]
>
>I've heard talk of GF7.00 roms for the 2500s -- should I insist that
>Telebit send me those instead?  If anyone has a history of the roms
>that would be nice...

I'd suggest wiping the modem's configuration and re-writing it with
AT&F&W1&W2, then putting in your configuration.  That's always worked
for me.  Without knowing your modem's configuration, any guess at why
your PPI<--->T2500 connections aren't working would be just a shot in
the dark.

GF7.00 chips won't do you any good.  GE7.00 is for the original T2500
platform and the GF7.00 chips simply won't work in it.  As far as the
modem's operation is concerned, both the original platform and the
current platform are the same (one is not any better than the other).

Have you called tech support yet?  I'd certainly talk to the support
folks before trying another set of firmware chips...

--
Greg Andrews
gandrews@netcom.COM