[comp.dcom.modems] Setting up Acex DM-9600M, need HELP!

s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) (02/08/91)

I have recently bought Ace(e)x DM-9600M, a V.32 MNP 5 modem.
The problem is that I can not find correct settings for it.

The remote-ends are USR 2400e, USR Courier HST DS and a Nokia V.32 MNP 4
modems. Mainly these.
So I would like to set my Acex so that it uses locked terminal baud rate
(19200bps) with RTS/CTS or XON/XOFF flow-control and error-correction
MNP class 4-5. The problem now is that the connection is unstabile.
Even with MNP on, there are marks missing, replaced by others (like $-sign)
or strange marks appear from nowhere. Strangest is that those responses that
modem sends to the terminal are corrupted. OK turns to be just K.
CONNECT 9600T/REL COMPRESSED may become CONECT 9600T/REL COMPESD.
I use this modem currently with 286 AT, and it will be mainly used with
Atari ST. I have only once tried it with ST before, and then it acted
normally. (seemed to, no MNP & stuff related was used)

Any advice, a list of correct settings would be highly appreciated!!!

Email or followup, which suits you better...

			Jartsu

	*** Jari Lehto, jartsu@otax.hut.fi, s37837k@saha.hut.fi ***

miked@syscon%nstar.rn.com (Mike DeMetz) (02/08/91)

s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) writes:

>So I would like to set my Acex so that it uses locked terminal baud rate
>(19200bps) with RTS/CTS or XON/XOFF flow-control and error-correction

The ST will need a program likr TURBOCTS to correctly use RTS/CTS
harware handshaking.Supposedly they fixed the bug in TOS 1.4 but
I have heard that there are still problems with handshaking.