[comp.dcom.modems] Compuserve Gateways...?

hzink@alchemy.UUCP (Harry K. Zink) (02/09/91)

I have, until quite recently, been able to communicate with a friend of mine in
Switzerland via his Compuserve account.  He would send mail to my address, I
would get it and reply to him.

Lately, something has gone wrong.

I can send mail to his address, and for all apparent purposes it seems to get
there (no bounced mail messages and the likes), yet he is no longer receiving
it.

He can not reach me as he gets messages back to the effect of 'destination
unknown.'

Has anyone else has simimlar problems lately with that gateway, or do you know
a fix to the problem...?

Reply in E-mail if you can, and I will summarize.

Thanks,

Harry

 uucp : ucrmath!alchemy!hzink | Achieve True Wealth and Financial Independence!
 INET : hzink@alchemy.uucp    |            Intrigued? - Send E-Mail!
 -----------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Wesley: "Captain, this doesn't look like the holodeck to me."
   Worf: "Ready to cycle airlock, Captain." Picard: "Make it so."

groversh@mwk.uucp (02/09/91)

In article <357@alchemy.UUCP>, hzink@alchemy.UUCP (Harry K. Zink) writes:
> I have, until quite recently, been able to communicate with a friend of mine in
> Switzerland via his Compuserve account.  He would send mail to my address, I
> would get it and reply to him.
 <text deleted>
> I can send mail to his address, and for all apparent purposes it seems to get
> there (no bounced mail messages and the likes), yet he is no longer receiving
> it.
 <text deleted>
> Has anyone else has simimlar problems lately with that gateway, or do you know
> a fix to the problem...?

I, too, have had the same problem with mail never reaching CompuServe.
I tried sending to my own account to no avail.  If you hear anything,
please fill me in.

Shawn
--

Shawn Grover              /   internet: groversh@mwk.uucp
the m. w. kellogg company /       uucp: ..!uunet!moe.rice.edu!mwk!groversh