[comp.dcom.modems] Status of V32bis Standard?

jolliffe@havarti.ucs.ubc.ca (Bruce Jolliffe) (02/10/91)

Could some one bring me uptodate as to where the v32bis standard is?
--

   Bruce Jolliffe                   University Computing Services
   jolliffe@ucs.ubc.ca              University of British Columbia

tnixon@hayes.uucp (02/11/91)

In article <1991Feb9.230341.19742@unixg.ubc.ca>,
jolliffe@havarti.ucs.ubc.ca (Bruce Jolliffe) writes:

> Could some one bring me uptodate as to where the v32bis standard is?

V.32bis is currently being balloted among the CCITT member
countries.  The ballot closes on February 22nd.  Since the document
was unanimously accepted by Study Group XVII back in October, we
don't anticipate any negative votes on the written ballot.  Since
only 70% affirmative votes are needed, everyone assumes that V.32bis
will be formally adopted as a CCITT Recommendation as of the close
of the ballot.

I'll post a message here as soon as I hear the results of the ballot
from CCITT headquarters.  It will most likely be at least the first
week in March before the announcement.

--
Toby Nixon, Principal Engineer    | Voice   +1-404-449-8791  Telex 151243420
Hayes Microcomputer Products Inc. | Fax     +1-404-447-0178  CIS   70271,404

root@zswamp.fidonet.org (Geoffrey Welsh) (02/11/91)

In a letter to All, Bruce Jolliffe (jolliffe@havarti.ucs.ubc.ca ) wrote:

 >Could some one bring me uptodate as to where the v32bis
 >standard is?

   It's in Geneva, with all of the other official CCITT documents.

   <grin>

--
UUCP:     watmath!xenitec!zswamp!root | 602-66 Mooregate Crescent
Internet: root@zswamp.fidonet.org     | Kitchener, Ontario
Data:     (519) 742-8939              | (519) 741-9553
The mile is traversed not by a single leap, but by a procession of coherent
steps; those who insist on making the trip in a single element will be failing
long after you and I have discovered new worlds.        - me