[comp.dcom.modems] TELEMATE terminal emulation program

ong@d.cs.okstate.edu (ONG ENG TENG) (02/11/91)

Anybody has a Telemate program?  How do I get one?  Does it come free with
a modem?  Can I buy it in the open market?  Who is the maker?

Thanks in advance.

E. Teng Ong (ong@d.cs.okstate.edu)

s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Soon Mok) (02/12/91)

ong@d.cs.okstate.edu (ONG ENG TENG) writes:

>Anybody has a Telemate program?  How do I get one?  Does it come free with
>a modem?  Can I buy it in the open market?  Who is the maker?

Telemate is shareware and available via ftp on Simtel20 under pd1:<msdos.modems>
and wuarchive under /mirrors/msdos/modems

The current version is V2.11

Eugene...
ps: I hope I got the directories right...
--
-----/ _ _ \--------------------------------------------------------------------
     | o o |    Eugene Mok  s907396@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au  (Melbourne OZ)
     \  ^  /    Fidonet 3:633/375

rdippold@qualcomm.com (Ron Dippold) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb11.013251.16451@d.cs.okstate.edu> ong@d.cs.okstate.edu (ONG ENG TENG) writes:
>Anybody has a Telemate program?  How do I get one?  Does it come free with
>a modem?  Can I buy it in the open market?  Who is the maker?

Telemate is THE best communications program for the IBM PC, bar none...  You
can pick it up on many Bulletin Boards under Communications downloads.  It's
not free, it's shareware, I believe $45, but well worth it.  The maker is some
guy from Canada (is that too detailed?) but you should be able to find Telemate
2.11 on some BBSes.