[comp.dcom.modems] Supra 2400 MNP modem

maestro@wiffle.techbook.com (pat Young) (02/16/91)

I recently bought a Supra 2400 MNP (2-5) modem. It works great, just like
my last Supra modem, except no matter what I try, even with MNP on, and
transfering straight text files (with compression on) my throughput stays
at a rock-steady 237cps.

If anyone out there in net-land can help me, I would really appreciate
it.

Thanks in advance

Pat

facu@secyt.gov.ar (Facundo Salom) (02/18/91)

In article <TPqFX1w163w@wiffle.techbook.com> maestro@wiffle.techbook.com (pat Young) writes:
>I recently bought a Supra 2400 MNP (2-5) modem. It works great, just like
>my last Supra modem, except no matter what I try, even with MNP on, and
>transfering straight text files (with compression on) my throughput stays
>at a rock-steady 237cps.

Check if you have your serial port locked at 9600 or 4800. If you don't,
your computer will never send or receive more than 240 cps no matter how
much your modem can compress.

Greetings,
Facundo.

--
| Facundo Salom                      | InterNet: facu@secyt.gov.ar      |
| Secretaria de Ciencia y Tecnologia | uucp: ...!uunet!atina!secyt!facu |