[comp.dcom.modems] 16550 uarts

protofan@motcid.UUCP (Mike S. Protofanousis) (02/18/91)

Sorry if this is not the correct group for this posting, but
could someone please tell me where I can purchase a 16550 uart chip?

Thanks.
Please reply to the following address:
--
Mike Protofanousis
msp@pronet.chi.il.us

todd@gwinnett.UUCP (Todd Reese) (02/19/91)

In article <4652@cocoa7.UUCP> protofan@motcid.UUCP (Mike S. Protofanousis) writes:
>Sorry if this is not the correct group for this posting, but
>could someone please tell me where I can purchase a 16550 uart chip?
>
>Thanks.
>Please reply to the following address:
>--
>Mike Protofanousis
>msp@pronet.chi.il.us
>uunet!motcid!protofan

JDR Microdevices @ 1 - 800 - 538 - 5000
Part No. NS16550    $19.95 plus shipping
This is NS16440AFN chip.

---
					Todd F. Reese
					Gwinnett Computer Services
					emory!gwinnett!todd
					gatech!dscatl!gwinnett!todd

edhall@rand.org (Ed Hall) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.152107.12915@gwinnett.UUCP> todd@gwinnett.UUCP (Todd Reese) writes:
>In article <4652@cocoa7.UUCP> protofan@motcid.UUCP (Mike S. Protofanousis) writes:
>>Sorry if this is not the correct group for this posting, but
>>could someone please tell me where I can purchase a 16550 uart chip?

>JDR Microdevices @ 1 - 800 - 538 - 5000
>Part No. NS16550    $19.95 plus shipping
>This is NS16440AFN chip.

The last line must be a typo; it *is* an NS16550AFN.  I have one right
in front of me that I ordered from JDR last week.  It was $14.95, plus
shipping.

		-Ed Hall
		edhall@rand.org