[comp.dcom.modems] Racal-Vadic

SCEIOC23@PTEARN.BITNET (Rui Bento) (02/20/91)

     Hi
     I subscribe this list for a while and since you answer all the question, i
 have a friend how buy a Racal-Vadic (VI2422PA) but no Manual (it was lower in
price he said, but bad for instrution i said). Ok i want to know the address or
 BBS number of the company or answer for some question if possible?
     The AT commands are so so (to put in Error correction AT*E1, etc ) it is M
NP5 ? and how we do it ? Menu online ?
     This question is for me, can someone please tell me the BBS phone numbers
of the Modems companys (Intel, US-Robotics, Motorola, Gandalf, Everex, etc).
     Bye the way i have a Multi-Tech V.32 (i'm testing for a leased line not so
 good) and some of 2400 and one 1200.
     Please answer to me since he don't have E-Mail address.
              Thanks in advance
                 Rui Bento
E-Mail :
        Internet : sceioc23%ptearn.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
        Bitnet   : sceioc23@ptearn

tnixon@hayes.uucp (02/22/91)

In article <9102200803.AA02416@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>,
SCEIOC23@PTEARN.BITNET (Rui Bento) writes:

>      I subscribe this list for a while and since you answer all the question, i
>  have a friend how buy a Racal-Vadic (VI2422PA) but no Manual (it was lower in
> price he said, but bad for instrution i said). Ok i want to know the address or
>  BBS number of the company or answer for some question if possible?

I don't believe Racal-Vadic has any BBS, email, or online support of
any kind.  They are located in Milpitas, California.  The last phone
number I had for them was +1 408 432 8008; I don't know if this was
changed when they were integrated into Racal-Milgo.

>      This question is for me, can someone please tell me the BBS phone numbers
> of the Modems companys (Intel, US-Robotics, Motorola, Gandalf, Everex, etc).

Intel and USR have BBSes, but I don't have the numbers.  I don't
think the others you list do have BBSes.  Hayes has a BBS; it can be
reached at 1-800-US-HAYES (1-800-874-2937) or +1 404 446 6336.

--
Toby Nixon, Principal Engineer    | Voice   +1-404-840-9200  Telex 151243420
Hayes Microcomputer Products Inc. | Fax     +1-404-447-0178  CIS   70271,404