[comp.dcom.modems] Practical Peripherals 9600SA w/ slip

glass@soda.Berkeley.EDU (02/22/91)

We are about to purchase some PP9600SAs to run slip.  Both ends of the
connections will be PPs.  Has anyone tried this configuration?  Does
it work?  Are there any problems we should know about? And where can
half a dozen relatively cheaply?

later,
Adam Glass
UC Berkeley

----------
Adam Glass                           |Internet: glass@soda.Berkeley.EDU
various roles at Berkeley	     |UUCP: ...!ucbvax!soda!glass

glass@soda.Berkeley.EDU (238E) (02/22/91)

We are about to purchase some PP9600SAs to run slip.  Both ends of the
connections will be PPs.  Has anyone tried this configuration?  Does
it work?  Are there any problems we should know about? And where can
half a dozen or more relatively cheaply?

later,
Adam Glass
UC Berkeley

----------
--

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (02/25/91)

glass@soda.Berkeley.EDU writes:

>We are about to purchase some PP9600SAs to run slip.  Both ends of the
>connections will be PPs.  Has anyone tried this configuration?  Does
>it work?  Are there any problems we should know about? And where can
>half a dozen relatively cheaply?

I would suggest canning the PP modems and going with v.32bis -
you'll get a 50% increase in throughput --

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator