[comp.dcom.modems] Sysop programs...

cummins@d.cs.okstate.edu (John Cummins) (01/22/91)

In article <5417@husc6.harvard.edu> kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu (Ken Hancock) writes:
>Well, as I plan on starting up a BBS in the next couple months, it's
>
>  o Which companies have Sysop Discount Programs (and prices?)
>  o Would you recommend HST support/PEP support/or plain V32/42/42bis
>  o "Where to buy" recommendations (w/prices)

What kind of BBS?  Atari BBSs are mainly HST,  Unix usually uses PEP,
Mac BBSs -- PEP, IBM-PC types?  I have no idea..  Never messed with
"DOS" machines...

Oh yes... 14.4k baud HST modems are (were?) $462 delivered direct from
US Robotics...  Sysop Buy program...  1 800 342 5877

cummins@d.cs.okstate.edu

kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu (Ken Hancock) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan22.131447.3686@d.cs.okstate.edu> cummins@d.cs.okstate.edu (John Cummins) writes:
>In article <5417@husc6.harvard.edu> kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu (Ken Hancock) writes:
>>Well, as I plan on starting up a BBS in the next couple months, it's
>>
>>  o Which companies have Sysop Discount Programs (and prices?)
>>  o Would you recommend HST support/PEP support/or plain V32/42/42bis
>>  o "Where to buy" recommendations (w/prices)
>>
>What kind of BBS?

Stupid me....Macintosh, running Hermes.

Ken

--
Ken Hancock                   | INTERNET: kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu
Isle Systems                  | Disclaimer: My opinions are mine,

mehdi@m2xenix.psg.com (Mehdi Attaran) (01/24/91)

In article <5417@husc6.harvard.edu> kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu (Ken Hancock) writes:
>Well, as I plan on starting up a BBS in the next couple months, it's
>time to start modem shopping.  A couple questions...
>
>  o Which companies have Sysop Discount Programs (and prices?)
>  o Would you recommend HST support/PEP support/or plain V32/42/42bis
>    (Don't say "all of the above" -- I'm not rich enough...)
>  o "Where to buy" recommendations (w/prices)

Intel Corporation offers it's 9600EX v32/42/42bis modem to sysops for a
special price of US$399.  The rgular retail price is set at US$799.
This product, like other Intel PC Enhancement products carry a 5 year
warranty.

The text of this offer can be obtained from Intel PCED BBS at
(503)645-6275, or from the Intel PCED Compuserve forum (GO PCEO).

-- Mehdi --

--
uunet!{ tektronix!nosun!qiclab, oresoft, littlei!intelhf }!m2xenix!mehdi

tech@mich-ns.UUCP (Mich. Network Sys. TECH SUPPORT) (02/28/91)

"
"  o Which companies have Sysop Discount Programs (and prices?)
"  o Would you recommend HST support/PEP support/or plain V32/42/42bis
"    (Don't say "all of the above" -- I'm not rich enough...)
"  o "Where to buy" recommendations (w/prices)
"
"Thanks in advance --
"
"Ken
"
"

Michigan Network Systems has a SYSOP discount program on TELEBIT modems.
Send E-MAIL with your US-MAIL address or FAX number for details.

--
Michigan Network Systems        Technical Support Division
Telebit/SCO/Digiboard Reseller  BBS: +1 313 343 0800