[comp.dcom.modems] 2400 bps pocket modem from Damark

droms@castor.bucknell.edu (Ralph E. Droms) (02/28/91)

Can anyone give me any information about a "Famous Maker" 2400 bps
(apparently) pocket-sized modem offered by Damark for $69.99?  Anyone
actually own one or have experience with the unit?  The ad says
"... rebranded and marked down ...", Item No. B-2571-162408.

Features:

     * line powered, no battery or AC hookup required
     * AT (Hayes?) command set
     * Tone/pulse dialing
     * Auto fallback

Any recommendations or caveats would be appreciated.

--
- Ralph Droms                 Computer Science Department
  droms@bucknell.edu          323 Dana Engineering

lstowell@pyrnova.pyramid.com (Lon Stowell) (02/28/91)

In article <603@hydra.bucknell.edu> droms@castor.bucknell.edu (Ralph E. Droms) writes:

>Can anyone give me any information about a "Famous Maker" 2400 bps
>(apparently) pocket-sized modem offered by Damark for $69.99?  Anyone
>actually own one or have experience with the unit?  The ad says
>"... rebranded and marked down ...", Item No. B-2571-162408.
>
>Features:
>
>     * line powered, no battery or AC hookup required
>     * AT (Hayes?) command set
>     * Tone/pulse dialing
>     * Auto fallback
>
>Any recommendations or caveats would be appreciated.

      Ah, you must mean the "Erroll Flynn" modem.....

droms@regulus (Ralph E. Droms) (03/01/91)

In article <146484@pyramid.pyramid.com>, lstowell@pyrnova (Lon Stowell) writes:
> (stuff deleted about a cheap Damark 2400 bps modem)
>      Ah, you must mean the "Erroll Flynn" modem.....

I'm afraid I have to plead ignorance ... what in the world does this mean?
--

session@uncw.UUCP (Zack C. Sessions) (03/01/91)

droms@castor.bucknell.edu (Ralph E. Droms) writes:

>Can anyone give me any information about a "Famous Maker" 2400 bps
>(apparently) pocket-sized modem offered by Damark for $69.99?  Anyone
>actually own one or have experience with the unit?  The ad says
>"... rebranded and marked down ...", Item No. B-2571-162408.

>Features:

>     * line powered, no battery or AC hookup required
>     * AT (Hayes?) command set
>     * Tone/pulse dialing
>     * Auto fallback

>Any recommendations or caveats would be appreciated.

>--
>- Ralph Droms                 Computer Science Department

I refer you to an article I posted just less than a week ago
to this news group. Subject line was COM-CALL TM-2400 Modem.

Zack Sessions

k2ph@cbnewsj.att.com (The QRPer) (03/01/91)

From article <1025@uncw.UUCP>, by session@uncw.UUCP (Zack C. Sessions):
> droms@castor.bucknell.edu (Ralph E. Droms) writes:
>

>>Can anyone give me any information about a "Famous Maker" 2400 bps
>>(apparently) pocket-sized modem offered by Damark for $69.99?  Anyone
>>actually own one or have experience with the unit?  The ad says
>>"... rebranded and marked down ...", Item No. B-2571-162408.
>
>>Features:
>
>>     * line powered, no battery or AC hookup required
>>     * AT (Hayes?) command set
>>     * Tone/pulse dialing
>>     * Auto fallback
>
>>Any recommendations or caveats would be appreciated.
>
>>--
>>- Ralph Droms                 Computer Science Department
>
> I refer you to an article I posted just less than a week ago
> to this news group. Subject line was COM-CALL TM-2400 Modem.
>
> Zack Sessions

Some of us missed the article the first time around.  I tried
to find this article on our system, but it's not here anymore.
Could some kind soul please either mail or repost it?  Thanks.

Bob Schreibmaier K2PH  | UUCP: att!oblivion!k2ph or k2ph@oblivion.att.com
AT&T Bell Laboratories | ARPA: k2ph%oblivion@att.arpa
Lincroft, N.J. 07738   | ICBM: 40o21'N, 74o8'W

gwang@ncsa.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (03/07/91)

In article <1025@uncw.UUCP> session@uncw.UUCP (Zack C. Sessions) writes:
>droms@castor.bucknell.edu (Ralph E. Droms) writes:
>

>>Can anyone give me any information about a "Famous Maker" 2400 bps
>>(apparently) pocket-sized modem offered by Damark for $69.99?  Anyone
>>Any recommendations or caveats would be appreciated.
>
>I refer you to an article I posted just less than a week ago
>to this news group. Subject line was COM-CALL TM-2400 Modem.
>
>Zack Sessions

I missed this article and could not find in our current list of
articles... It must have been purged from the newwserver.. Could
you please repost that article? Was it the .dcom group or the
laptops group?
Thanks
George

--
  George Wang - Networking Development                     T     T
  National Center for Supercomputing Applications          |  T  |

gwang@ncsa.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (03/07/91)

In article <1025@uncw.UUCP> session@uncw.UUCP (Zack C. Sessions) writes:
>droms@castor.bucknell.edu (Ralph E. Droms) writes:
>

>>Can anyone give me any information about a "Famous Maker" 2400 bps
>>(apparently) pocket-sized modem offered by Damark for $69.99?  Anyone
>>actually own one or have experience with the unit?  The ad says
>>"... rebranded and marked down ...", Item No. B-2571-162408.
>
>>Any recommendations or caveats would be appreciated.
>

>I refer you to an article I posted just less than a week ago
>to this news group. Subject line was COM-CALL TM-2400 Modem.
>
>Zack Sessions

Could you please repost that article? It seems that it has been
purged from our news-server... Was it posted in the .dcom.modems
or .sys.laptops group?
Thanks
George