[comp.dcom.modems] Telebit Modem with Courier HST dual

jpm@logixwi.UUCP (Jan-Piet Mens @ Logix GmbH, Wiesbaden) (03/04/91)

I am trying to get UUCP to dial on a Courier HST Dual-standard modem
at 9600 bd or above, to connect to a Telebit Trailblazer.
Does anyone have a dialer program (SCO UNIX 3.2.2) or any tips on how
to set up the Courier?

Thank you.
--
Jan-Piet Mens, Logix GmbH				    jpm@logixwi.UUCP
Moritzstr. 50, D-6200 Wiesbaden            ...!uunet!mcsun!unido!logixwi!jpm

gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) (03/05/91)

In article <1148@logixwi.UUCP> jpm@logixwi.UUCP (Jan-Piet Mens @ Logix GmbH, Wiesbaden) writes:

>I am trying to get UUCP to dial on a Courier HST Dual-standard modem
>at 9600 bd or above, to connect to a Telebit Trailblazer.
>Does anyone have a dialer program (SCO UNIX 3.2.2) or any tips on how
>to set up the Courier?

If that really is a TrailBlazer or a TrailBlazer Plus, you can't get
a connection above 2400 bps.  The HST Dual and TB+ don't have the
same high speed modulations.

If the Telebit modem is a T2500, then they can connect at 9600 bps
using the V.32 modulation.  (sorry - I don't have any Dialers info
for an HST Dual)

--
.-------------------------------------------.
| Greg Andrews      |   gandrews@netcom.COM |

shane@inferno.peri.com (Shane Bouslough) (03/08/91)

From article <26907@netcom.COM>, by gandrews@netcom.COM (Greg Andrews):

> If the Telebit modem is a T2500, then they can connect at 9600 bps
> using the V.32 modulation.  (sorry - I don't have any Dialers info
> for an HST Dual)

We had a problem dialing uunet directly on their 900 number. It seems that
the PEP sequence generated by the TB made the HST go insane. We called
USRobotics and they sent us new ROMs which worked perfectly.

Moral: if you're having trouble getting an HST to connect to a TB using
       V.32, you may need new ROMs.
--
Shane Bouslough    |  ...!rutgers!mcdhup!inferno!shane
Periphonics Corp.  |  516-467-0500